Since people asked, the accident:
It happened yesterday morning, while my mom and I were taking my car to be repaired. The window on the passenger’s side had gotten stuck down the previous Friday, so the plan was we’d both drive to the repair place, I’d leave my car, and then she’d drive me to class. She had pulled into the parking lot, and I was stopped - it was a two-way stop. I check traffic, and think to myself “hey, I’m okay, they have a stop sign” and pull to enter the lot.
First, yes, the accident took place in front of a vehicle repair shop.
Secondly, I probably shouldn’t assume literacy on the road.
My memory is honestly really fuzzy, because I wasn’t expecting to be hit at all, and I’m still a little dazed. All I remember is turning, and then all of the sudden my car was out of control, I smelled smoke, and my body hurt. The other vehicle hit me nearly head-on at full speed, taking off most of the front of my car. Thankfully, my mom was there - she actually had to pull me from my car, because my front bumper had wedged itself under my car and made it hard for me to open my door to get out. The other vehicle had On*Star, which meant that the EMTs and police arrived very quickly, and I am grateful for that.
I was taken to the closest hospital, where I was given some pain medication and I needed my chest, left elbow, left wrist, left hand, pelvis, left hip, left knee, and left foot x-rayed. I also had to wait forever for a pregnancy test because “I am a lesbian” isn’t an accepted form of birth control. SOMEHOW I managed to get out of this with no broken bones??? I have no idea HOW, mind - the best idea I have is that since I never saw the other person, I didn’t tense up and I kind of just flopped around. I was released with directions.
At this point, I’m doing alright, all things considered. I have really long legs, so my knees actually took the brunt of the impact, which makes it really hard for me to walk. Breathing is also painful. Literally every muscle in my body hurts, but my situation could be so, so much worse. Pretty much everything on the road spooks me right now though, even if I’m just riding as a passenger.
I’m trying to keep good spirits! I guess one good thing that came out of this is I found out the hospital I was taken to is understaffed in my specialty and is looking for people, so I might have a lead with them once I get my temporary license later in the semester. It’s not much of a silver lining, but I’ll take what I can get.
- bonemangrove likes this
- bitch-tier likes this
- nekobooty likes this
- linalisan said: -gently hugs you- :c i hope you feel better really soon. i know that kind of stuff can really spook you. if you need anything, give us a shout!
- thesunmaid said: oh my goodness im so glad youre ok!
- meulin-deaf-disciple reblogged this from notzilon
- mackennzie likes this
- booissar said: omg you take care and pull through this, accidents are scary as hell <3<3
- jyami likes this
- therebefoolery likes this
- majorobigtime said: Wow goodness, I’m glad you walked away from that, the picture of the car is just scary as hell. I hope you’re feeling better soon, and I hope you’re doing okay emotionally, too, after that
- lanternkite said: WOW THANK GOD YOU’RE OKAY. Keep strong girl! DD:
- admiralantagonist likes this
- peepeedog likes this
- snowphanos likes this
- aendrl likes this
- aendrl said: whoa you beast you
- hydok said: Oh gosh that sounds so terrible. I’m so sorry. But yes, hopefully you’ll be able to get a job there later, that would be great!
- vanillavalerian likes this
- psifreezeomega likes this
- houksan likes this
- averagelyoverrated likes this
- crimsonhymns said: *HUG* SO GLAD YOU ARE OK. Anythiing I can doodle for you to cheer you up?
- weirdoofdoom said: Yeowch gosh, I hope you get better soon!! ;A;
- euxiom said: I’m glad you’re okay. Best of luck healing up.
- polks likes this
- keysleuth likes this
- notzilon posted this